Mr. Nelson Yip Siu-hong, MH
Founding CEO and Director of EP Venture Co. Limited
Nelson Yip, founding CEO and Director of EP Venture Limited <www.epventure.com> have transformed and improved startups, public and private organizations with his experiences and capabilities. The core business focuses on Business Strategy Consulting which is a prerequisite in this fast growing economy.
Challenges are never an obstacle to Nelson. He views them as a motivation to improve further. Having contracted cerebral palsy as an infant, he was a frequent visitor at the hospital. The road was not easy but he made his way and was awarded a BSc in Statistics and Computer Science, MA in Quantitative Analysis in Business and an MBA at CUHK.
Nelson believes Hong Kong is an international city that communicates and bridges China and the World. Culture is the way we think, act and interact. Through the “China Hong Kong Culture Exchange Association” which he founded later in 2015, the association has held a wide variety of cultural exchange programs and hundreds of people have been equipped to be cultural ambassadors to embrace diversity as well as create inclusiveness and harmony between cultural differences.
Horse riding is his other passion. Nelson was the first qualified representative of Hong Kong Paralympics Equestrian Competition in 2008. He was also an Olympic Torch Bearer of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. He was awarded the Medal of Honour by the HKSAR Government for his contribution in promoting sports for disabled athletes. He has also been conferred the Honorary Fellow by The City University of Hong Kong for his accomplishments and impacts on Hong Kong society.
On the entrepreneurial front, he is now the Chief Executive Officer and Director of EP Venture Co. Ltd and founder of several companies, involving a wide range of industries, with specific interest in green energy, electronic commerce and venture businesses. He believes “The way we build – we live. The way we live – we are”. He also serves in a number of government and community committees and boards.
- Trade and Industry Advisory Board (TIAB), HKSAR Government – Member
- Council for Sustainable Development – Strategy Sub-committee – Co-opted Member
- Equal Opportunities Commission, HKSAR Government – Executive Committee Member
- Appeal Board Panel (Town Planning)
- Curriculum Development Council Committee on Applied Learning – Member
- Elite Sports Committee – Member
- Composition of Advisory Committee, OGCIO, HKSAR Government – Co-chairman Recognition Scheme (Scheme) of the Web Accessibility Campaign
- Social Welfare Department, Sub-committee on Promotion of Volunteering in Community Organizations, Central Office for Volunteer Service, Social Welfare Department, HKSAR Government – Member
- Federation of Hong Kong Industries – Technologies Development Committee member
A full list of Nelson’s Community commitments can be found here <http://www.nelson-yip.com/public-and-community-services/